Saturday, May 06, 2006

my homegirl barbara rodgers

my homegirl barbara rodgers and me

This morning I drove to San Francisco and pre-taped a 15-minute segment for "Bay Sunday," which will air this Sunday on Bay Area CBS affiliate KPIX. Bay Sunday is an eclectic mix of news, arts and community hosted by award-winning journalist Barbara Rodgers. After discovering we are both from Tennessee, Barbara and I hit it off. She liked my "Fresh Pineapple, Jicama, and Mint Salad" that I brought on the show in honor of Cinco de Mayo, and she said she enjoyed reading Grub

Before the taping I met Devyani Saltzman, who was also on the show. During the segmant she discussed her new book, Shooting Water, which recounts her story of reconnecting with her mother, international award-winning filmmaker Deepa Mehta. Devyani is currently traveling the United States promoting her book.

--b