Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Welcome Eric Holt Gimenez to Food First

The Institute for Food and Development Policy (aka Food First) was born just after I was and I like to tease my mother (who co-founded it with Joe Collins) that I learned to link stamps and stuff envelopes for membership drives for the non-profit before I learned to walk. Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnerships with movements working for social change. The Institute has published dozens of books, backgrounders, and reports. Still going strong thirty years later, Food First recently announced its new Executive Director, Eric Holt Gimenez who I was honored to meet at the Community Food Security Coalition conference. --Anna
Photo: Eric, Adriana Aranha from Brazil, and me.