Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"Hey we got that PMA." --Bad Brains


So I was in Barnes and Noble (I know, I know) the other night in Oakland looking for Think and Grow Rich to give to my friend Jason Harvey for his birthday. Before I left, I had to make my usual stop by the cookbook section to a) see if they had copies of Grub in stock and b) surreptitiously face them forward if they weren’t already. I was happy to find several copies of Grub facing forward on the top shelf of their “featured cookbooks.” Thanks Barney!

As I was leaving, a beautifully designed cover of a cookbook on the new arrival shelf caught my attention. When I opened up the book and thumbed through, my eyes welled up with tears of joy. I was delighted to find a cookbook that most closely resembles the vibe that I imagine for my next book—artistic, modern, and fun. I finally found my muse--Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson.

Heidi is a San Francisco-based photographer, cookbook author, designer, and creator of the website 101 Cookbooks. She loves art and food. Check her out.

Heidi has that PMA